Warwickshire Road Club
Promoted for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations
Open 28 Mile Time Trial
Sunday, 10th April 2011, 9:00am
Course: K34/14 (2 laps)
Organiser: Alex Laycock
23 Ascot Close, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 9FN
tel: 01789 205974 – mobile on the day: 07919 181 994
Timekeepers: Charlie Barnett, Reg Bromley
Recorder: Ed Matthews
Event headquarters: Inkberrow Village Hall
With grateful thanks to
Upper Spernall Farm,
Off Spernal Lane,
Warwickshire B49 6JF
Inkberrow Village Hall, Sands Road, Inkberrow, Worcs, WR7 4DZ
You will find this just off the A422 at the northern end of Inkberrow village (see map), just off A422 (Worcester – Stratford road). From Stratford direction take first right, after Inkberrow village sign. From Worcester direction, proceed through village and turn left into Sands Lane. The Village Hall is on the left in approx 100M. There is plenty of parking for cars, turbos etc.
£15 to share with parents.
|Team of 3||£10 each|
|Fastest race organiser||£10|
|Every rider and helper||a fun morning|
Please stay for the CASH prize presentation which we will do as soon as we have done our calculations!
- Numbers and signing on sheet will be at the Headquarters.
- In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard.
- This is a 2 lap circuit which will keep the timekeepers on their toes, so PLEASE no warming up on the course once the event has started. LIABLE FOR DISQUALIFICATION
- Do respect riders that are still racing when you have finished.
- Refreshments will be on sale after the event.
- Mick’s dad (aka John Stallard) will be photographing the event – photos will be available from http://micksdad.co.uk
Standards are based on the VTTA 30-mile standards, which have been adjusted to a 28-mile standard.
Directions to the start
Right out of the HQ, left onto the A422, right at the junction with the B4088. The start is on the right after about 200 yards. Please allow 15-20 minutes to get to the start.
Course details K34-14
|Start on B4088 (Redditch – Evesham road) in line with Warwickshire county boundary sign 165 yards south of junction with A422/A441 at Cookhill. Ride north|
|At junction A422 turn left (A422)|
|At Tolley’s garage at Flyford Flavell Turn sharp left onto Alcester road|
|At Weethley Gate turn left (4088)|
|(On completion of first lap pass finish and commence second lap)||14 miles|
|Finish in line with “road narrows” sign near south end of layby and about 0.25 mile before start point||28 miles
See course maps on the our website – Fly over the course in Google Earth
There is a map of the course on our website at:
Also you can view the actual terrain in detail using Google Earth:
- If you don’t have Google Earth on your computer you can download it for free from http://earth.google.com
- Download the map from http://speedwellbc.org.uk/files/K34-14.kmz(or click the link on our website)
- You can save the map to your computer or run it directly in Google Earth
- Click the Play button in Google Earth to see the fly-through
- Use the controls to inspect any part of the course in detail