Warwickshire Road Club
Promoted for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules and Regulations
Double Hill Climb
Sunday, 25th September 2011
Course: KH28 Saintbury Hill 10:00
Course: KH27 Dover’s Hill 12:00
Organiser: Alex Laycock
23 Ascot Close, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 9FN
tel: 01789 205974 – mobile on the day: 07919 181 994
Timekeepers: Roger Gillet, Charlie Barnett
Event headquarters: Weston Sub Edge Village Hall
Hall of Friendship,Weston Subedge GL55 6QH,just off the B4035,opposite Hartwell fencing,slap bang in the middle of Weston Subedge. Dovers start is 5mins away, Saintbury 5-10mins, EASY!
Prize list – Prizes are based on the combined time for both hills.
and a unique trophy
|– 1st||£20 and a unique trophy|
|– 1st||£15 and a unique trophy|
|Team of 3||A1 2012 WallPlanner each|
|Fastest between oldest and youngest||15.00|
|Fastest ctt race organiser 2011
|15.00 and a medal
|First aged 40-44;45-49;50-55;55+||15.00|
Please stay for the CASH prize presentation which we will do as soon as we have done our calculations-some prizes will be heavy to post……………
- Numbers and signing on sheet will be at the Headquarters.
- In the interests of your own safety, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety standard.
- Do respect riders that are still racing when you have finished.
- Mick’s dad (aka John Stallard) will be photographing the event – photos will be available from http://micksdad.co.uk
- No shoe plates or bikes in the Hall
- NO PARKING OTHER THAN THE HQ CAR PARK AND OVERSPILL BOWLING CLUB CARPARK.
- ANY COMPETITOR RIDING THE HILL ONCE EVENT STARTED WILL BE DISQUALIFIED WITH NO EXCEPTION AND MADE TO CLEAN THE GENTS TOILETS!Spectators ON FOOT welcome!
Directions to the start
Saintbury hill,left out of the HQ,right along to Saintbury,first left – start at the bottom,finish at the top!
Dovers hill,left out of the HQ, left, first right, start at the bottom, eyeballs out to the top!
but in more detail………
Course details KH28
|SP 117400||Start on road through Saintbury village 200 yards south of junction with B4632 (Stratford-upon-Avon – Broadway road) in line with Care Horses warning sign. Ride south up hill||
|SP 120381||Finish at post EV7 about 250 yards before road junction.||
Course details KH27
|SP 128404||Start adjacent to TP DP96 immediately prior to lower entrance to Harris Lane about 1/2 mile through Weston Sub Edge village from B4032 (Church Lane) off Broadway , Stratford on Avon Road. Start marked in white paint.||
|Pass halfway point 4.6 yards north of TP 99 and near to Knapp cottage on right|
|SP 136396||Finish opposite “Steep Hill 14%” sign about 27 yards before entrance to National Trust car park on left. Finish marked in white paint.||
See course maps on this website – Fly over the course in Google Earth
There are maps of both courses at:
Also you can view the actual terrain in detail using Google Earth:
- If you don’t have Google Earth on your computer you can download it for free from http://earth.google.com
- Download the maps from http://speedwellbc.org.uk/files/KH27-Dovers.kmz and http://speedwellbc.org.uk/files/KH28-Saintbury.kmz (or click the link on our website)
- You can save the map to your computer or run it directly in Google Earth
- Click the Play button in Google Earth to see the fly-through
- Use the controls to inspect any part of the course in detail